8/28/12 Pastoral Council
St. Brendan/St. Mary/St. Joseph
Pastoral Council Meeting Minutes
August 28. 2012
Present: Fr. Mike Wild, Doyle Pokorny (chairperson), Tom Smith, Lori Van Buren, Loretta Lechner, Ken Leitner, Pat Koll, Arlene Wetzel, Linda Zeininger
Excused: Janine Ramsey, Mike DeBaere
Fr. Mike had the opening prayer.
The minutes from the May 22, 2012 meeting were approved with no changes.
The following committee reports were received:
Human Concerns: no meeting.
Christian Formation (Lori Van Buren reporting)
• Evangelization-small faith sharing groups option chosen. We will team up with Annunciation parish to take place during Lent.
• Vacation Bible School pros and cons discussed.
• Religious education has 52 students registered.
• Roller-skating party tentative date September 16 from 1-3pm.
• St. John Bosco Youth Day October 6 for grades 6 and through high school.
Prayer and Worship: no meeting.
Arlene Wetzel is the care ministry coordinator.
The 2020 vision statement is on the website for anyone to read. The Archbishop has approved St. Mary's and St. Brendan's parishes merging with St. Catherine of Sienna in Ripon.
Information is still coming in from the census and being processed.
Nothing has yet been formalized as to evangelization.
The next meeting of this committee will be November 20.
The meeting concluded with prayer.
Linda Zeininger, secretary.